This Personal Data Protection Statement (“Statement”) outlines the policy of Icenoie Hokkaido and its group of companies (collectively “Icenoie Hokkaido”) with regards to our compliance with the requirements of the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”).
For more information about the PDPA, please visit the Personal Data Protection Commission’s website at http://www.pdpc.gov.sg.
For the purpose of this Statement, “we”, “our” and “us” shall refer to Icenoie Hokkaido.
1. Collection of Personal Data
Generally, we may collect your personal data in various ways including the following:
- when you subscribe to, purchase or use our products and/or services;
- when you submit an application form or other forms relating to our products and services;
- when you take part or respond to any contests, surveys, promotions or other initiatives conducted by us;
- when you participate in any of our radio, television or online programmes;
- when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications;
- when you interact with our customer service officers, for example, via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings and emails;
- when you request we contact you;
- when you submit your personal data to us for any other reasons.
2. Use of Personal Data
Generally, the personal data which you provide to us may be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed by Icenoie Hokkaido for the following purposes:
- To respond to your requests;
- To provide goods and services to you;
- To verify and process your personal particulars and payment;
- To send you notices, information, promotions and updates including marketing and advertising materials in relation to our goods and services and those of third party organizations selected by us;
- For research and analysis, including surveys and polls;
- To comply with law, the requests of law enforcement and regulatory officials, or orders of court;
- For any other purposes for which we have obtained your consent or which are permitted under law.
3. Do Not Call (DNC) Provisions
The DNC provisions in the PDPA came into effect in 2014. We will not send you any marketing messages or make any marketing calls if you have registered your Singapore telephone number with the respective DNC registries, unless we are allowed to do so under DNC provisions, or other applicable laws and regulations. Do also note that if you have given us consent to send you marketing messages to your Singapore telephone number, we may continue to do so until you withdraw your consent.
4. Security of Personal Data
Icenoie Hokkaido will take reasonable measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure, and to destroy any personal data that is no longer required to be retained.
5. Access to your Personal Data
Icenoie Hokkaido may upon your written request provide you with an account of your personal data which is in our possession. Please note that Icenoie Hokkaido reserves the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for processing such requests.
6. Withdrawal of consent
If you wish to withdraw your consent for our use of your Personal Data, you may do so in the following ways:
- To unsubscribe from our electronic mailing list, follow the unsubscribe instructions in our emails or other electronic marketing materials; or
- If you have an online subscription or membership account with us, you may access your account(s) with us to change your settings; or
- For any other queries regarding Icenoie Hokkaido’s handling of your personal data, you can contact us through our contact form.
*Do note that the withdrawal of consent is subject to all applicable laws and applicable terms and conditions.
For the avoidance of doubt, this Statement does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to people that we do not employ or manage. Our websites and mobile applications may contain links to other websites. Please note that we are not responsible for the personal data protection policies of such other websites.
7.2 Changes to this Statement
Icenoie Hokkaido may amend this Statement from time to time. Please check this Statement regularly for updated information on the handling of your personal data.
If you access any Icenoie Hokkaido websites, you may also wish to refer to the respective privacy policies at each of our websites.
7.4 Governing Law
This Statement shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore.